Pages

Friday 6 September 2019

Hperbole

For each of the following sentences, does it have a hyperbole or not. 
  1. I’m so hungry I could eat a whole elephant! (Hyperbole/Not)
  2. May is the nicest month of the year. (Hyperbole/Not)
  3. Her brightly coloured dress hurt his eyes. (Hyperbole/Not)
  4. The roof rose up and down to the rhythm of the music. (Hyperbole/Not)
  5. I ate all of my salad for lunch.  (Hyperbole/Not)
  6. The dog was so dirty it had a tomato plant growing on its back. (Hyperbole/Not)

Turn each of these into a Hyperbole sentence: The first is done for you.
An old car- The car is older than the hills.

 

A strong wind.
A headache.
A fast computer
A funny movie
A hot pan
A loud, crying baby
Heavy groceries
A scary dog

The strong wind almost blew my head off
My headache is so painful that my head is going to burst
My computer is so fast it can beat a cheetah in a race.
The movie is so funny that I almost pooped my pants
The hot pan is hotter than the sun
The crying baby is so loud that the whole country can hear it!
Ughh! This grocery is so my arms are gonna fall off!
The dog is so scary that I might pee in my pants.

 Revision
  1. ‘As straight as an arrow’
  1. Metaphor
  2. Simile
  3. Onomatopoeia
  4. hyperbole
2.      ‘Lucky lady’
  1. Metaphor
  2. Oxymoron
  3. Alliteration
  4. Onomatopoeia 
3.     ‘Boom!’
  1. Alliteration
  2. Simile
  3. Personification
  4. Onomatopoeia
4.     ‘The city was a jungle’
  1. Metaphor
  2. Personification
  3. Hyperbole
  4. simile


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.