Pages

Thursday 5 September 2019

Similes & Metaphors

highlight the simile in each:
  1. My bedroom was as black as a cave in the depths of the earth.
  2. The classroom after school became as noisy as a gaggle of gabby geese.
  3. The cat capered along the fence top like a tightrope walker on the hire wire. 
  4. My anger crashed into me like waves against the shore
Use a the words from he box to complete each sentences
 
Silk
Bee
Kitten
Coal
Eel
Snow 
  1.  The cloth was as black as a coal
  2. The wet ball was as slippery as an eel
  3. My little sister is as playful as a kitten
  4. The top of this table is as smooth as silk
  5. I’ve been as busy as a bee 
  6. The lamb is as white as snow
For each of these sentences is it a simile or a metaphor?
  1. Simile       As slippery as an eel
  2. Metaphor  Arnie was a man-mountain  
  3. Metaphor  He was a lion in a bale
  4. Simile       She is as pretty as a picture
  5. Metaphor  The striker was a goal machine
  6. Simile       The torch lit up the room as if the sun had already risen early
  7. Metaphor  The moons was a misty shadow
  8. Metaphor  My friend has a face like thunder 
Have a go at writing some Similes and Metaphors of your own

Similes
He runs as fast as a cheetah
My Dad is as strong as an elephant
The mountain is as tall as the skies
Metaphors
My brain is foggy
I'm lazy as a sloth
My friend is strong like a gorilla









            No comments:

            Post a Comment

            Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.